A Patient's Attitude of Gratitude
Here is a patient’s gratitude list in regards to where they are now with themselves and treatment.
10 THINGS I AM GRATEFUL FOR
1. My Therapist Eileen. She helps me so much with getting grounded, staying in the moment, being calm, serene and at peace. When I’m behaving wrong, she tells me right away but not in a judgmental manner. After being here 2.5 weeks I already made my mind up that when the treatment team is ready to move me to Cassandra’s house again, I still want to come to Wellington Retreat for clinical. I have had more help here than I have ever had in a month or two months in any other place!
2. Dr. Scott. Dr. Scott listens to me and is very very wise. He is kind and gentle. He does not judge me either. He has helped me focus and stabilize me greatly.
3. Fred. He is an amazing man! He cares so deeply for us and is so patient. He and we have a great time during job hunts. During our 12 step groups we have very constructive conversations.
4. Kyle, Kerry, Dr. Greg, Meagan and Mike. They are all amazing coordinators and therapists! They don’t talk down to us. They laugh with us but also take our recovery very seriously and I really am grateful for that. Oh also Troy and Mark!
5. The 12 Hour Days. I love Groups! I’m not being sarcastic at all, they are educational and entertaining. They are also hardly ever redundant. I don’t really ever hear the same thing over again.
6. I’m grateful for the very healthy healthy food!
7. I’m grateful for the open honesty and chances some people are given.
8. I’m grateful that Dr. Moran, Eileen, Dr. Scott, Donna and whoever else involved gave me and is still giving me a chance to prove who I am under an environment who cares, instead of going off hearsay and what other people said about me.
9. I’m very grateful to have an opportunity to look for a job and fulfill myself; ever more than I have in the past 4 months. I have earned that trust and know I’m finally doing something right!
10. I’m so very grateful for recovery and clean time!